Attorney Austin LiPuma is an associate in the litigation department where he concentrates on Personal Injury cases. Since its beginning, Austin’s career has been exclusively focused on representing plaintiffs. During law school, he clerked for Judge Patricia Oney (retired) in the Butler County Court of Common Pleas, served as an instructor with the Law & Leadership Institute focused on bettering education for students in underserved areas, and was a research assistant for Professor Emerita Marianna Bettman where he assisted with the acclaimed blog Legally Speaking Ohio. Both during and following law school, Austin continued to represent injured persons across a wide variety of circumstances.
Austin has centrally focused his career on representing injured people. From dog bites to catastrophic trucking cases, he has recovered millions on behalf of his clients along the way. His first-chair trial experience has equipped him with the skillset to handle all aspects of personal injury litigation including depositions, mediations, hearings, and jury trials.
Austin is a proud double graduate of University of Cincinnati where he earned both his undergraduate and law degrees. While an undergraduate student, Austin was heavily involved in University of Cincinnati’s Mock Trial Association where he was Captain, Vice President, and won multiple “Outstanding Attorney” awards. Austin took this experience into law school where he became a member of the Trial Practice and Moot Court programs. Upon joining Moot Court, Austin achieved both “Best Oral Advocate” and “Best Overall Score” distinctions. He went on to become Executive Director of the Moot Court Honor Board during his final year of law school. Austin was also on the executive board of the student-run Freedom Center Journal, a mentor with the Student Legal Education Committee, and a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution club.
In his spare time over the last eight years, Austin has acted as head coach for the University of Cincinnati’s nationally ranked Mock Trial Association.
- Associate, Freking Myers & Reul LLC
- Associate, Dyer Garofalo Mann & Schultz
Areas of Practice
- J.D. University of Cincinnati College of Law – Cum Laude
- B.A., University of Cincinnati – Magna Cum Laude, Departmental High Honors
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association (Board Member)
- State of Ohio, 2016
- State of Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2017
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2020 – 2021
- Schmieg & Weill Award for Outstanding Contribution to Moot Court
- Norman I. Barron Award for Demonstrated Leadership and Integrity
- John R. Sayler Prize for Achievement of Highest Grade in Evidence
- Order of The Barristers
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Personal Injury Claims During a Pandemic and Beyond:
Treatment, Technology, & Telehealth: Receiving Care During COVID-19
I contracted COVID-19 at work—do I have a personal injury claim?
The (Surprise) Billing Stops Here
- A “Comparative” Look at Ohio’s Open & Obvious Doctrine Co-Author, Dayton Bar Briefs, Feb. 2018
- Student Contributor, Legally Speaking Ohio
- Zooming Towards The future: Continuing Pandemic Practices, CBA
- Continuing Practice Through COVID-19: An overview on developing and continuing best practices that promote efficacy, safety, and sustainability in representing clients during a pandemic, CBA