Elizabeth Asbury Newman represents former and current employees in matters involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, family and medical leave, and non-compete agreements. She also litigates ERISA cases. She has been named an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2020 to 2022 in plaintiff’s employment litigation.
Liza received her J.D. from UC in 2017, graduating summa cum laude and first in her class. She was inspired to go to law school while volunteering for a medical-legal partnership at the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati, where she assisted attorneys in resolving legal issues that affect the health and well-being of children. Prior to that, Liza worked for six years in the language-learning field.
Outside of work, Liza spends her free time birding and learning about nature. She recently taught labor law at UC College of Law, and she currently coaches mock trial at Seven Hills.
- Associate, Freking Myers & Reul LLC
Areas of Practice
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law
- M.A., University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Grinnell College
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2020-2022
- Order of the Coif
- John R. Sayler Prize in Evidence
- Gustavus Henry Wald Memorial Prize for Contracts
- Ernest Karam Advocacy & Academic Excellence Award
- University Prize for Graduating Law Student with Highest GPA
- Arthur Russell Morgan Fellowship for International Human Rights
- George A. Dornette Memorial Award for significant contributions to the Honor Council